Monday, September 21, 2009

And, I'm down!

I'm going to do better this week. I WILL do better.

My friend, Trish, met her WW goal! SO awesome and she looks amazing. She's done such a fantastic job and even better, it's a lifestyle she can live with. I want that!!

I've been telling people that since April, when I lost my enthusiasm to track points, I haven't really lost anything, maybe a few pounds.

But today I plugged in my weight and looked at the chart and what do you know.. since the end of April I've actually lost almost 10 pounds! When it's maybe 2 pounds a month it just goes sooo slow.. ya know? But it sure adds up. And even better, I haven't gained anything back, either.

And today, I'm down .2. Tiny, tiny, I know. I weigh this amount, or less, ALL the time during the week but never on weigh in day. But today I was down! That puts me at 34.2 lost. It also puts me in the next range so I'm down another weekly point. Never thought I'd be so happy to finally be down and have that happen!! LOL

And the 1/2" that I gained in all areas (some places an inch) a few weeks after the car accident (I'm certain was from lack of moving around) is finally dropping back off.

I've lost 5.5" from my waist and hips.

5" from my bust (well, just below where my bra strap is).

3" from my thighs.

2.5" from my arms (I'm still up a 1/2" from where I was at pre-accident).

Not too shabby!!

This was kind of fun too.. on Saturday, one of Drew's friends (since they were kids) had a birthday party and we went over for an hour or so while Misty watched the kids. I haven't seen Rob in at least a year and I haven't seen his other buddies in almost 2 years or longer. (we're at different places in life where they don't have kids, we do, etc.)

ANYWAY, Rob had one of our Chirstmas Card pictures on his fridge that was from 2005. I was 7 months pregnant with Carson, Hayden had just turned 2. Apparently I didn't put the year on that card because his friends thought it was this past year's and were expecting to see THIS when we walked through the door:

It really was pretty funny.. I was like HELLO, we have FOUR kids, not two!!

And because I'm lame, here's my recent facebook profile pic. for comparison. lol

It was sooo nice getting lots of compliments. What a boost.

Now, I just need to figure out how to get the exercise in. I was planning to go this morning to work out (in just a bit actually rather than 6:30 like usual) but I've ran into a bit of a speed bump. It's cold outside and we keep our window cracked open (I heart the cold) and I guess I can't do that anymore because I woke up in so much pain. My hips hurt, my back hurts and my neck is aching so much.. I'm hobbling all over the house. Nice. grrrrr I need to think this through more. Maybe I need to go in the evenings or late afternoons? Or maybe as I get better, that will help too??

Speaking of that, I'll quickly report, the Chiropractor thinks I'm about 60% better.. I usually feel pretty good until the afternoon when turn to the Advil/Excedrin Back & Body. On Saturday, the Dr. gave me some stretches/minor exercises to help me strengthen/tone my lower back. Hopefully it will help my hip too.

My wrist still gives me trouble, I have to be careful how I pick things up to keep it stabilized. It's still really weak too.. Try this: Take your thumb and pinkie and squeeze them together.. use your other hand to try and pry apart. Can't really do it, right?? Yeah, on my left hand, it comes right apart. And on our new bag of chicken nuggets that reseals? I can't get it open because my hand can't hold on tight enough. Frustrating. And this is with improvement!

Ok, done whining.

This next monday I am hoping to see 35 pounds total loss!!!! (or more!)

1 comment:

  1. Go YOU for losing 10 pounds this summer even when you thought you weren't trying! And all those inches gone for good too!

    It is fun to see people you haven't seen in a while, huh? You're right. It really is a boost.

    I hope you continue to recover from the accident and get back to 100%. That must be so frustrating.

    I CHALLENGE you to see a 35 lb loss next Monday. You can do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!