Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Being better.

I have had such a hard time tracking points the past few months.

I'm not surprised.. usually I get really into something and after about six weeks, I fade back. I was impressed with myself that I made it a few months.

But my weight loss has hardly been much the past what, two months, so I obviously need to do something more about it. Yesterday, the scale was up .4. On saturday it was down 1.5 and I saw a number that I haven't seen since the year 2000. I think that was the motivation to actually follow through tracking, etc.

And yesterday, I tracked all of my points. Every single one.

My friend Trish posted about what she ate the other day and I loved that insight- it was a big reminder that I wasn't getting enough fruits/veggies in. Plus I easily get stuck in ruts with what I'm eating (again, remember that 6 week thing??).

So here's what I ate yesterday. It was a lot- I was super hungry yesterday. But like I tell people, if you are choosing the right foods, it's just fine to eat that much. There's no starving on this end!!

Breakfast:
1 slice Sourdough Bread- 4 pt (it was a little larger than the serving size)
(this was given to me on Sunday, fresh from San Fran, when I picked up my friend from the airport.. I heart Sourdough Bread!)
1 mug Coffee- 0 pt
1 TBS fat free caramel vanilla creamer- 0 pt
1/8 cup skim milk- 0 pt

(met a friend mid-morning and then went to the store so no snack)


Lunch:
10 baby carrots- .5 pt
1 mini cucumber- 0 pt (sooo cute! found at Costco)
3 TBS Fat Free Ranch dip- 1.5 pt
(used fat free sour cream and fat free hidden valley dip mix)
4 romaine leaves- 0 pt
1 serving Chicken Salad- 3 pt
(I chose to eat the salad on the leaves rather than bread because I knew I'd want more sourdough bread later)
1 sheet Reduced Fat Graham Cracker- 1 pt


Snack:
1 serving Blender drink- 2.5 pt
(used 1 small can pineapple juice, 4 baby carrots, 1 banana, 1 clementine, 6 large frozen strawberries and about a cup of a 5 spectrum blend of frozen fruit from Costco. I usually use 1 cup of skim milk to get some dairy in but we ran out earlier in the day) Made 3 servings- each is 2 pt but I drank the rest of Carson's.
1 Eggo Lowfat Multi-grain waffle- 1 pt
5 squirts of I can't believe it's not butter spray- 0pt

Carson is enjoying his drink.. he loves it. Nice since Hayden hates it (the whole mixed items thing)

Little later snack when I was really munchy:
1 diet coke w/ lime- 0pt
10 baby carrots- .5 pt
2 TBS Fat Free Dip- 1 pt

Drew was almost home from work and I wanted something sweet:
1 Oreo stick thingy - 1 pt

Dinner:
Cilantro Cream Chicken- 7 pt
(I used 3/4 lb cooked chicken I had in the freezer and made 7 ounces (dry weight) of higher fiber Penne pasta (3.5 servings) but 1 ounce was for kiddos that wouldn't eat it all mixed together and I used mushrooms instead of red pepper). YUM! Oh, and I calculated 1 serving as 6 points but I ate a little extra.
1 slice Sourdough Bread- 3 pt

After dinner snack:
2 Ande's mints- 1 pt (yes, each one is just .5!!)

I really didn't need it because I wasn't hungry but I was really munchy snack before bed:
1 mini bag of popcorn- 1 pt

Water through out the day- 0 pt

Grand Total: 28
Daily Points: 28

I definitley could have made some healthier choices and nomrally I do- I pretty much never eat 7 points of bread in a day. mmmmm so yummy. Just can't resist so I made it work.

Scale: down a pound this morning. :-D

4 comments:

  1. So cool!!
    I heart sourdough bread too. I heart most bread. It's why the Atkins Diet just won't work for me long term. LOL
    Your lunch looks so yummy. I really dig the fresh raw veggies summery type of food lately.
    I'm glad your family liked the Cilantro Cream Chicken recipe. If they're like mine they'll request it so often you'll get sick of making it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread and Rice.. they're just too delicious.

    Did you see Norah's Tuna lunch yesterday where she used the Zucchini as a 'boat' instead of bread? I think I'll try that sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that. It looks like fun for the kids especially.

    I'm having my DDs over for an "80's chick flick movie night" tonight. I'm counting the munchies we'll have as my dinner. Veggies and dip, fresh fruit, 94% fat free kettle corn, Baked Scoops and mango salsa, Margarita pie leftover from Sunday. YUM-O!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Those are all so yummy too.. my kind of dinner!

    I still get a kick out of how different my snacking has been.. worlds healthier than what I used to eat. Even if you pig out on the veggies and fruits, no big deal! I didn't get fat from eating too many of those. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!