Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Top 5

These are (currently) my Top 5 favorite things.. taste great and LOW POINTS!

1. Light Laughing Cow Cheese
1 triangle = 1 point
$8 plus change at Costco for four packages.. and they don't expire for a long time!

I use this in place of cream cheese or on my turkey/chicken wraps instead of mayo. Can also be used to make a YUMMY Alfredo type sauce. Love It!

2. Sarah Lee 45 Calories Light & Delightful Wheat Bread
2 slices = 1 point
$4+ at Costco for two loaves

2 slices of bread for one point.. does it get better than this?? My kids love it too.

3. Roasted Broccoli
Total points is 7.. two servings is counted (by WW) as 3 points or 3 servings is 2 points.

Take 4-6 cloves of garlic and mince them (I use the pre-minced stuff in a jar) and combine with 4 tsp (or 1 TBS & 1 Tsp) olive oil. Cut up 1 pound of broccoli and toss it in with the garlic/oil mixture. Spray a 9x13 pan with pam and then dump the broccoli in. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt and pepper. Cook at 450 for 25-35 min (depending how dark you like it).

We have had this MANY times in the past two weeks and I just can't get enough. *drool*

4. Baked Lays, KC Masterpiece BBQ flavor
Aprox. 11 chips = 2 points

Oh, how I heart these.

I also really, really like Light & Fat Free Pringles in Barbacue flavor.
14 pringles = 1 point

5. Light Flat Out Wraps
http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html
1 wrap = 1 point (in the light variety)
$2.50 at Walmart.. they are up by the deli at most stores, not by the bread/tortillas

These aren't too bad.. do have a different texture than normal tortilla.. but it's not bad. Keep them in your fridge and they last longer.

I use these for everything.

Breakfast: smear a L.C. cheese on it, prepared egg beaters and light turkey bacon..
Lunch: smear a L.C. Cheese, line of mustard and add turkey, romaine/spinach, tomatoes sprinkel of the W.W. Mozerella (cause everything is better with cheese)
Dinner: chicken snack wrap.. smear a L.C. cheese on it, two cooked chicken tenders and same toppings as lunch..

You can pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm it up a bit too after it's prepared.

~~~~~
And there you have it. Hope some of these help other WW people out..

Anyone have something they would like to add??

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog. I tend to lean towards the low-carb thing, but my favorites are Steamers veggies (the kind you steam in the microwave) and smoothies with no sugar! Yum! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky this is AWESOME! Expect me to become a frequent stalker here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the broccoli recipe! Only recently have I heard that it is possible to roast broccoli (clearly I'm a cooking whiz! lol) and your recipe sounds delish!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll have a new post out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!