Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Easy and Yummy Breakfast

This is something I have for breakfast a couple times of week. It's very filling (helps to eat slowly vs. scarfing) and Drew and Aubrey like it too.

Allow me to present, spiderman plate and all: Sausage, Egg and Cheese on an English Muffin!


Here's what you need:
  • 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (1 pt)
  • 1 Morning Star Sausage Patty (2 pt) (I am going to price these out at Costco this weekend)
  • 1/8 cup shredded fat free cheese (.5 pt) or 1 slice of reduced fat cheese (1 pt. but double check yours to make sure it's the same!)
  • 1 Western Bagel, The Alternative English Muffin (1 pt) (at my walmart these are in the refrigerated cream cheese area.. a little over $2 for 6 of them)

To Prepare:

Spray your pan with Pam and pour egg beaters in and start cooking

Put the Sausage patty on a plate and microwave for 30-40 seconds, flip, microwave 10 seconds more.

While the nukin' is going on, put the English Muffin in the toaster.

Don't forget to season your eggs and stir them around while all of the above is going on.

To Assemble
:

Put your English Muffin on your plate and if you want, you can do a few squirts of I can't believe it's not butter Spray (0 pts).

Then in no particular order, place the sausage and eggs on and put the cheese on. If it's not melted enough, you could put it in the microwave for 10 seconds.

Your fantastic breakfast has a total of 4.5 to 5 points.

Having a filling breakfast has really helped me to stay full during the morning and not be snacky. Sometimes I have a piece of fruit but usually I wait and have a smoothie later in the day to get my fruit in.

And here's a quick hint.. the English Muffins are good toasted with a laughing cow cheese spread on it.. yummy 2pt snack!!

Or if you spread 1 TBS of reduced fat Peanut Butter on it, it's a 3pt snack!!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I would not have thought you could get that kind of a breakfast for 5 points. Good to know. Husband has joined in, unofficially and would really like this breakfast! Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!