Monday, February 9, 2009

Apple Streusel

As I mentioned previously, this is a dessert I made twice last week. It's a large portion and only 3 points.. and it's really pretty easy to make. And everyone seemed to like it! (ok, some of the kids didn't.. but the adults did)


Apple Streusel
6 apples (I left the skin on)
2/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
4 1/2 tbsp. reduced calorie margerine

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 9x13 baking dish with Pam.
  • Stir together apples, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice; pour into baking dish.
  • Cut flour, oatmeal, remaining brown sugar and margarine together with a pastry blender or fork in a medium bowl; sprinkle over apple mixture.
  • Bake until apples are tender and top is browned, about 45 minutes.
I figured that if you did this as 8 servings (so it's a good sized) that it's 3 points. You can also reduce the recipe by 1/3 if you don't need as much.

When we ate this the first time, everyone had scoops of vanilla ice cream (they are not on WW).

When Drew had strep throat a few weekends ago I had purchased some of those little cups of ice cream that you eat with the wooden 'spoons' that come with it.. well each of those is 2pts. So I plopped one of those on my plate and enjoyed mine just as much as they enjoyed theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!!