Monday, February 9, 2009

Weigh In #5

This past week has been a good one.. I met my first goal! Yay!

I lost 2.4 pounds for a total of 14.4. Woo hoo!

I've had a lot of help from family and friends too.. this week I went to my in-laws house for my sister-in-law's birthday dinner and my MIL was nice enough to let me know ahead of time what we were eating. I was then able to figure out the points and then plan my day in advance to allow for it. I had one Taco.. the tortilla was 3pt, the meat was 3pt for a 1/4 cup and then I guessed 3-4 pt for 1 TBS of the guac/reduced fat sour cream mixture.. skipped additional sour cream and shredded cheese). And I skipped the birthday cake.. which I wasn't really hungry for any way.

The next day I went to my sister's house for a few hours to just hang out.. we took the kids to The Red Barn (if you've been to Santaquin then you prob. know what I'm talking about). Anyway they have AWESOME ice cream. FANTASTIC. Instead of ordering my own I waited until Carson was finished eating his and had a few little bites and then gave the rest to Kaitlyn. And then we went back to my sister's house and had a WW friendly snack. Didn't feel deprived at all!

Let's see.. as for my goals, I didn't end up trying a new chicken recipe.

BUT.. I did cook salmon! The salmon from Costco is aprox. 3pt for 3.5 ounces (3 ounces is the same size as a deck of cards). I first sprayed tin foil with pam and then put the big salmon filet thing on it (there was two in the package). Each of them were covered with light butter spread stuff I have.. two TBS. on each one (2pts). One had lemon pepper and lemon juice put on it and the other one I put 1 1/2 TBS Brown Sugar on (1 TBS is 1 pt). Some time I intent to remember to buy real maple syrup to put on it.. mmm. Then I folded the tin foil over but made it puffed up so it could steam well. Drew threw them on the grill.. and the rule for that is 10 min. for each inch of thickness.. so about 15 minutes later we had awesome salmon. I had a serving of each kind.

I'm rambling enough now.. I'll do a separate post about a yummy dessert I made (twice).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Great loss so far! You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I will have to try your apple dessert!! Oh and We LOVE LOVE LOVE The red barn in santaquin! Everytime we go visit jareds bro in monroe we stop there for ice cream!! We love to go in the fall for the hay ride and pick out pumpkins too!! We should get together and do that!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!