Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I DIDN'T eat.

Yesterday was PTA days at Harmon's.. each store chooses five elementary schools to participate and then they donate 5% of that days sales to the schools. They also provide 'carnival' type activities for the kids and the PTA runs them.

Anyway, as I'm the Treasurer, I had a shift from 1-3. When I got there I was told they also provided food for us (how nice is that!!). Of course I was hungry. I went into the room to see FOOD. And not just boring food but YUMMY FOOD.

As I headed to the table which contained glorious mounds of delicious rolls, lunch meat and cheeses galore, I had already decided my game plan.

I had one sandwich (several people had a few of them) which consisted of a roll (3pt), turkey (I'm guessing was 1pt) and I did have a piece of cheese (3pt) because I knew I wasn't going to indulge in other items. At the back of the table was an ignored condiment.. I grabbed it and the heavens parted and light showered down as saw that it was a bottle of honey mustard stuff (read: 1 TBS was 10 calories, zero fat). Take that you big bottles of Mayo that called to me! Ha!

I eyed all 15 different kinds of chips. Seriously.. there was TONS! After surveying my options, the winner was the tortilla chips after discreetly (sp?) checking out the nutrition label. I picked out the serving amount of 8 chips (3pts).

I then headed back to the "side dish" area where there was large containers of potato salad and macaroni salad.. fresh from the Deli. Mmm. But again I reached passed them and for the small container of fresh salsa that I had noticed earlier. Cha-ching! I loaded my plate up.

And what would you know.. but my plate was full. Which was a good thing because the dessert area was drool worthy. Have any of you ever purchased baked items from Harmon's? I don't very often because $4 for 8 cookies or some brownies is a lot in my book.. but when I do, they are just WONDERFUL! Well, lovely Harmon's had TWO HUGE trays of different kinds of brownies out. But again.. I had no room. I also figured if I still wanted one after I was finished that the option would still be there. Not like they were going anywhere! And I DID have that piece of cheese.

I enjoyed my wonderful lunch.. I broke each chip into two pieces and loaded it up with salsa. I ate slowly. When I was finished, I was totally full.. and no longer had the desire to even consider a brownie.

And that's what I didn't eat.

5 comments:

  1. Rock on!!!
    Isn't it weird how you can feel full with so much less food that you used to eat? That's what I'm finding. Which tells me that I obviously used to eat WAY WAY past just enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I love days like that; it makes me feel so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to Go -that is Awesome! Still thinking I need to join...hmmm maybe I will go check out their site now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am so jealous of your will power!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could SEE this luncheon! You did so GOOD! I think it helps to have a game plan, especially on an emotional level. You sounded so in control! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!