Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My new favorite lunch.

I have a new favorite lunch. It's delicious! I've convinced my sister that she should try this and it's now a favorite lunch of hers as well. Wanna know what it is?

It's.. taco's!

I'm really enjoying corn tortillas right now (I'm in the process of trying out different brands). Only 1 point each!! I usually eat 3 or 4 depending on how hungry I am, how many points I have to use and what toppings I'm using. They're so easy too.. keep them in the fridge and then you just throw one in a pan on medium for a few minutes (flip once) to warm it up. SO EASY! (pst, I tried microwaving as the bag suggested and thought it was BAD!!)

Next, I spread Guacamole on it. I know, you're thinking it's too fattening, right?? I did at first. But turns out it's full of fiber! Cha-Ching!!

I do realize it's probably much cheaper to make your own guacamole, but I have been buying it instead. I really like how this is in individual servings (six per box) so there is no waste or me trying to prevent waste and consuming the leftovers (trust me, I would).


It's called Wholly Guacamole and was in the refrigerated area of my walmart by the Tofu (I think??) and healthier snacks (prepackaged apples, carrots, etc.). Each package has 100 calories, 8g fat and 4g fiber.. so 2 points total. And, I think it tastes great!! Not like Guac. dip I've tried before that was horrible. (btw, Costco sells bigger packages of this)

To finish it off, I add lots of salsa (preferebly fresh.. mmm..) or pico de gallo (sometimes I buy that already made if I'm feeling super lazy) and if I have it, I add fresh cilantro. Figure if I get enough veggies on there that I can claim it as a serving or two.

If I have leftover grilled chicken then I'll add that too (again, depending on how many available points).

If you try it, let me know.. I LOVE IT!!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds so yummy.

    My new favorite thing is a baked sweet potato (in the microwave) mashed up with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just was enjoying the wonders of 1 point tortillas too! So good. I liked Salt Lake Flor brand, it was pretty good. (Smith's)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!