Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs

This is a new recipe that I tried last week. We had a few friends over and I wanted to have something that was WW friendly and serve a lot of hungry people. So I went onto recipezaar.com and looked around.. and finally stumbled upon this:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Thai-Grilled-Chicken-Thighs-99156

It is SO FANTASTIC!! Drew and I liked it enough that we made it again on Saturday night when we had a different friend over. And her picky daughter even liked it. And, the leftovers are great too- it makes a lot.

Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs

12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1 TBS minced ginger
1 TBS minced garlic
1 TBS minced chili (I used a sauce I found- wasn't really any heat to it at all)
1 1/2 TBS Olive Oil (I used 1 TBS Sesame Oil and 1/2 TBS Olive Oil)
1 1/2 TBS Soy Sauce
1 1/2 TBS Fish Sauce (I just used more soy sauce)
1 1/2 TBS brown sugar

Combine all of the ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl (it IS enough marinade).

Mix thoroughly.

Add chicken and leave to marinate at least one hour, preferably longer.

Grill chicken until cooked and enjoy!!

The points value (using the sesame/olive oil combo) is 3 for one piece or 7 for two. It would probably be less if you used something like chicken tenders that is white meat.

~~~

I haven't experimented with using less oil.. if I did, I would still use the sesame and not the olive oil. If only I had some basil.. I could try that tonight. The sacrifices I"m willing to make for others.... ;o)

And if you don't know, 1 TBS is 3 Tsp.. so for 1 1/2 TBS, it's 1 TBS and 1 1/2 Tsp (or 4 1/2 tsp). Or just eye ball it like I did.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good!
    What did you serve with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I served fresh strawberries and my friends brought chips/drinks.. and actually we had the same thing the second night. LOL

    When I make it again I'll probably do some type of rice and veggies.. or you know, this would even be good on skewers w/ veggies. Hmm... I'll have to think about it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and do you buy fresh basil very much? All they had at walmart was in those little plastic containers and it was $3.. is that about normal or can I get it differently at a better store?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!