Thursday, April 30, 2009

downside of downsizing

For the most part, I'm fine with no longer fitting in my larger sized clothes. It was very satisfying this morning to try on a larger shirt and feel like I'm drowning in it. I'm still a little sad (which I say loosely.. I mean I'm not crying or anything) about my favorite pair of jeans. They fit perfectly.. just the right length (a huge deal for someone 5'2").. dark color.. they were the best. *sigh* That's ok though, I'm very confident that I'll be able to again find another favorite pair. Right? And of course it will be in smaller and smaller sizes.. and hello, that's just FANTASTIC!!!

Anyway, so this is my biggest downside to the weight loss so far.

My wedding ring. It doesn't fit.

Yesterday I put it on and shook my hand and it didn't take long for it to slip off. I *could* work with it (I don't walk around shaking my hands) but if my hands get cold, which of course will happen, then I don't even have a chance.

I knew this was coming and I even bought a fun ring from Kohl's for really cheap. I love it and have been wearing it on and off for the past two weeks. But still.. it's not my wedding ring..

Who knows, maybe I'll find a couple of great rings to rotate through. Or maybe I'll get a big rock for my upcoming 10 year anniversary in August (anyone have $$ they want to donate?? no??? darn).

Or maybe for my 10 year anniversary I'll be able to have my ring sized back down to what it was on my wedding day. Now that, gives me warm fuzzies.

3 comments:

  1. I'd resize the original if that gives you warm fuzzies.
    I was just telling Roger last week that I will have to do the same pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW you are going to be able to find some jeans that look SO GREAT on that tighter butt of yours. The husband will like your NEW jeans too, I bet.
    I hear you about being sad about the wedding ring.
    I had to take my wedding ring off a couple of weeks ago because I "outgrew" it. I will be very happy when it fits again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that sucks and is awesome at the same time. you will definitely find new fav jeans. And my advice (take it or leave it) is to buy fun rings to wear until you are down to the weight you are finally happy with and then resize your wedding ring! Wow I can't believe we both have our 10 year anniversaries coming up this year. ours is in july! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!