Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Doesn't apply to me.

You know how you're always teaching and reminding your children to share?  And you try to be a good example by showing them how nice it is to do it?

Yeah, turns out that wasn't necessarily the best life skill to teach them.

I'm not always a huge fan of frozen convenience foods but I really like the Lean Pocket Garlic Chicken White Pizza variety.  Yum. 

I know it's not exactly the BEST choice I could be making.. but it's only 5 points (they post the point values on the back!!) and cooks in ninety seconds.  I pretty much always keep a box in my freezer for when I need a quick lunch.

Anyway, back to my sharing problem.

My children have developed a taste for this Lean Pocket as well.  It's horrible!   HORRIBLE!

As soon as the microwave makes that lovely garlic smell come to life, the kids flock like baby birds, chirping for a bite.  

I'm considering buying a microwave for my closet so that I can dine in peace and eat the entire Lean Pocket by myself.. of course that also means I'll need to invest in a bottle of Febreeze so that I don't walk around smelling like Garlic Chicken White Pizza... but I think it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. 

Anyone else ever have this problem???

2 comments:

  1. I am a strict, firm believer that you need to guard the food you are able eat! It's hard to measure and track! We don't go eating all their food.. *cough* Good job Beck! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say...while at the store today, shopping for quick and easy foods that will (hopefully) keep me out of the chips and cookies when I'm hungry, I decided to try that Lean Pocket. And OMG, it is truly amazing. It doesn't taste low fat at all, and it is sooo yummy. Now, not only is my little one sniffing all over the house asking me what that smell is ("Oh, it's just mommy's lunch, go eat ur lunch), but my cats keep sniffing around too. Apparently its cross-species good! :) Thanks for the recommendation :D

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!