Friday, January 29, 2010

FOURTY TWO!

Apparently I haven't blogged for a bit on here.. oops.

Two weeks ago I finally hit the 40 pound mark.  YAY!!!!

Last week I was down the day before weigh-in.. the day after weigh-in.. but figures, the same thing ON weigh-in day. 

Today I'm down 2 pounds!!  *happy dance* 

I'm also down a 1/2" on my hips and a 1/2" from my 'I've had four kids' muffin top (although truthfully, it was Kaitlyn's pregnancy that really stretched me out there). 

I only made it to the gym on Monday this week.. I've been really, really tired this week and have enjoyed not waking up so early.

On Monday I ran for 1/2 a mile (ok, a slow jog.. but it felt like running to my short chubby legs), walked for 1/16 so I could get a good drink in and then jogged another 1/4 of a mile.  I walked an additional mile.  I'm so pleased with myself and being able to run.  When I started, it was SO HARD to even go for a minute.  Seriously.

On that note, I know I never get comments on here, but PLEASE leave me one if you have any thoughts- I need to buy some actual jogging/running shoes.  I think that will help a lot..  What brand do you suggest?  I've heard great things about New Balance but that's all.. and does it matter what type of New Balance or are they all basically the same?

5 comments:

  1. I need some new shoes too.

    FORTY TWO!!!! YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 42!! You are doing great! On shoes, I would suggest you go to one of those professional running stores that video tape your feet while you run to make sure your feet don't over or under pronate. You don't have to buy shoes there, but then you can make sure you get the right kind. If your feet do pronate it can hurt your knees if you run and don't have shoes that compensate for it.
    Anyways, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the weight loss. I have been up and down by a couple pounds here and there. I need to kick it in gear again. I love love love my new balance running shoes. But mine are from a specialty shop called Chandlers walk shoppe up in cottonwood heights area. I bought they since they are designed for my awful feet. I have taylors bunions...not the typical ones people have. these are on the outsides of my feet so these particular shoes are wider for me. good luck finding some to fit you perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss Becky! Sounds like you are doing it the right way so you keep it off! You are so disciplined...I need some lessons from you!

    Good running shoes are KEY to a comfortable run! I also recommend first going to a running store that has a video or mat that maps your foot patterns. Invest in their advice and buy a pair of shoes from them. Then, when you are ready for another pair...look for that same style and size online! I've found some great deals on ebay! I've run 6 marathons and have always stuck with Addidas. (Plus there's an outlet store in Park City!) I like their clothing too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really love asics and that is what I have typicly run on. But now I have a pair of mizunos I really like. The key is a lightweight comfortable shoe. Buy them somewhere that has a good return policy so you can return them after you have ran on them a few times in case you do not like them. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!