Monday, January 4, 2010

One year later.

It's been a year!!  Technically in another two days.. but I started with the idea of it being the day that my kids were back in school.

I've lost 35.6 pounds as I still have another 1.5 holiday pounds hanging on.  Oops. 

As for measurements, I've lost:
6.5" from my waist
6" from my hips
6" from my ribcage
3" from my thighs
2.5" from my arms

I've gone down one size in pants but when I started, I was on the tighter end of things and now I'm on the looser end of the size I am.  Hopefully I can scratch this size off the list sometime soon.  I used to wear spanx all the time but now I hardly ever do.

My shirts, I was wearing mostly 2X shirts from the chunky women's area.  Now I am wearing XL (and a few Larges!!) and size 14/16 from Lane Bryant.  It feels GREAT.


Overall, I feel SO much healthier.  I'm happier and I have more energy.  I'm proud that I'm (usually) a good example of portion control, moderation with treats and making smart choices- choosing healthier options.

Just this past summer when I started at the gym, I had to stop doing the elliptical after just two minutes because I thought I was going to die.  I can sprint for 2 minutes now or just jogging, I can go for 8 minutes.  EIGHT.  I still shake my head at that.  And this is with still feeling the effects from the car accident.. I can't wait to see what I'm capable of once my back/neck/hip stop bothering me.

I'm so glad for good friends and family that have kept encouraging me and supported my lifestyle change.

This next year is going to be just as successful and I plan to lose the last 48 pounds.  Woo hoo!!  I'll be smokin' hot!!!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!!