Monday, May 4, 2009

To be expected.

This past week I gained .4 and I'm ok with that. Really, I am. After two weeks of large losses I'm not surprised (even if the scale was down .8 two days ago.. grrr). It was also my friend's bachelorette party, which I hosted, which meant there was fresh chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chunk brownies, ghiardelli chocolate, hershey kisses and of course Mint Oreo truffles, all available at my finger tips.

Not being one to intentionally set myself up for failure, I also put together a veggie tray with low fat ranch dip (made with a tub of reduced fat sour cream and a fat free Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix). And I had regular chips and baked ones (I ate the baked). The brownies were cut small and the chocolate chip cookies (from pre-made cookie dough) were the Mini ones where there is 40 in a package.. making them 1 point each. And I figured if I made the Mint Oreo truffles small enough, they would be less points.. they ended up being the perfect size and 2 points each. And they were Fantastic!!!

While it wasn't the most healthy way to use my points (and use them, I did) I did stay with in my allotment and was conscious of what I ate. No throwing in the towel for a night and eating everything in sight. And you know what? It wasn't a big deal! I enjoyed great food and didn't go to bed with any regrets. This is definitely something I can live with long term and be happy.

I also went walking at the track behind my house yesterday (and managed to burn my arms and chest.. oops) and went 1 1/2 miles. Exercise is still something I struggle with.. I have attempted many times to use an exercise video, etc. only to have Kaitlyn (or sometimes Carson) want to be held or attach herself onto my legs, which makes things difficult. Even this morning, I pulled out my severely neglected wii fit and I only was able to spend 10 minutes on it before I was attacked by children. (and I'll have you know that wii fit says I weigh 3 pounds less than my upstairs scale) Anyway, now that the weather's a little better (minus the weird storm last night) I really hope to continue walking. Oh, Drew and I are also working on cleaning out and dusting off our weight system set thingy (it's a big one that has 3 stations). It's been awhile.

Hoping for more progress this next week!!

1 comment:

  1. You sound so confident and in control.
    That is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!