Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Helpful Blog & Chicken Stuffed Shells

One of my friends is an amazing cook. She loves flavors and isn't afraid to try new recipes which is something I really, really struggle with. She is also successfully doing Weight Watchers (she looks fantastic!!) and she blogs about the recipes she uses, the point value and her reviews (including her kids) with pictures!! Amazing, right??? And if that's not enough, she's currently also posting the approximate cost of the meal- everything is under $10.

I can't even begin to tell you how much her blog has helped our family.. I'm willing to try something if I know that it will be good. LOL Plus she answers my silly cooking questions! Really, she's just fabulous.


Anyway, last night I tried the Chicken Stuffed Shells. I was worried there wouldn't be enough plus I was trying to get my step-brother to join us for dinner so I made 1 1/2 of the recipe. The serving size of 3 shells turned out to be a LOT (they're stuffed so full!) and I probably would have been just fine eating two of them. Drew ate four and Aubrey had two.

Drew really enjoyed these and was surprised that they're WW friendly (well as long as you don't go crazy on them). Aubrey kept talking about how great they were and asked for more. I had her finish her veggies and roll and by then she wasn't hungry for more. Carson wouldn't touch his (I think it was the spinach that he was worried about- next time I might do one without it for him). Hayden wouldn't eat it either but that doesn't surprise me as he doesn't like food that's mixed together. I didn't give any to Kaitlyn since she's staying away from dairy. So those three had leftover cooked chicken, applesauce, veggies and a roll.

For our veggies I used a yellow squash, a zucchini and a handful of mushrooms and sliced it all up. Added a teaspoon of Olive Oil to the pan and cooked for two minutes or so and then I added some chicken broth and let them cook until tender (stirring occasionally). Yum!

The split-top potato rolls were from Walmart (ours had them right by the rotisserie chickens) and one of them is two points or two of them is three points (I only had one- I was seriously so full!!).

I'm looking forward to having the leftovers for my lunch today (so is Drew!!). This is definitely something I'll be making for company some time as well- very easy to serve a crowd.

Definitely give it a try!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks for the love! :)
    It really is a great recipe.
    Did you make your own ricotta?
    I actually have these on the meal plan AGAIN this week. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make my own because of the dirty dishes issue. I only had one clean big pot to boil the noodles in. My other one was being cleaned in the dishwasher. LOL

    I'll give it a try next time I make it though. Hopefully this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!