Monday, May 11, 2009

Love the inches.

So this week I only lost 0.6 pounds. Yes, I count every little bit (on Saturday it would have been a full pound, by the way). Know what's better than losing poundage though?? Losing INCHES!! Everything is a half inch smaller. Going from the arms, chest, waist, hips and thighs, that's 3 1/2" total. NICE.

I'm certain I could have lost more weight this week but I attended two weddings over the weekend which means food and drink that I would normally not even eat (consider, yes.. eat, no). I sipped punch and flavored lemonade (I'm still trying not to cringe at the calories in the lemonade and the flavoring). I enjoyed a small piece of cake at each one.. and I shared half of a brownie and half of a pudding tart thing with Kaitlyn. I passed on the other desserts that called to me.

So I guess this is the part where I'll go ahead and admit that I hoarded a cream cheese brownie into the diaper bag so that I could eat it after we got home. Because then I wouldn't have to share with the kids. Come on, admit you've done it too!! However, there was no shame as I ate it slowly and fully enjoyed it.. and I actually threw the last of it away because it was so rich. I can live with that. Really, if you can't make this "lifestyle change" work with you, you'll never keep it off, right?

And who knows, maybe walking around for a few hours, in heels, counted as some activity points too. (Oh, I didn't fall!!)

I also enjoyed seeing family members that I haven't seen since Christmas.. nothing like being almost 30 pounds lighter to make a girl feel great! My dress was two sizes smaller than what I would have purchased back in December.

And this was something fabulous.. Marci (the bride), because she's the BEST, had the photographer take some pictures of Drew and I. When he was done, I went up to him and asked if he got any good ones of me because I either take good pictures or BAD ones (you know, where suddenly you have a fifty foot double chin, etc.). He laughed and said, "It would be pretty hard for you to look bad in any of them when you look that good." hehehe I'm sure he says that to all the girls, but it was nice to hear!! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

In the meantime, here is one we took at the end of the night back at home (you can kind of tell we're tired and my hair isn't so great).. not the best angle because we put the camera on the piano but what do you do.


Just me.. you can see the design of the dress better (the torso is fitted and then it poofs out).

Yay for feeling great!!

2 comments:

  1. You're GORGEOUS darling!!!

    Glad you didn't break an ankle in the shoes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress. You look great. Trying to remember the last time I saw you. I thinks it had a been six months. I think the last time I saw you was at kaitlyn's, party. You remember Azalea got poop on your floor and that black stuff. No wonder it has been so long. lol

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!