Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zumba!

I tried out Zumba today at the local fitness center.

Wait, back up, I woke up at FIVE this morning so that I could try out Zumba today.

Those of you that know me or are aware of my genetic disposition know that I stay up late and waking up early just doesn't happen. Of course I kept waking up during the night because I was afraid I'd sleep though my cell phone (set on vibrate, right by my pillow- yes that wakes me up). That alone was an accomplishment!!

Back to Zumba.. it was nice that the class had a large variety of people in it. Some skinny.. some not (whew!). And I was so happy that I had a friend that went just so that I knew someone.

It was definitely high impact. We were all over the place! I am not one to sweat a lot (even when I was in high school and went to the gym twice a day) but fifteen minutes in, there I was sweating. Oh and bright faced. If I do almost any activity my face turns bright red (sometimes purple) or even if it's just hot outside. It's super attractive. ;o)

Anyway, my only complaint was that by the time I actually figured out how to move, twist, hop, shake and repeat, the instructor moved onto something else. In all fairness I'm not coordinated so it takes me a bit.. but still! I might give it a few more tries.. I'll have to see how I survive waking up so early.

I still can't believe I made it through an entire hour!! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Reading this made me tired.
    I really do need to figure out what I'm doing about exercise, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that is; I'll have to google it! I get the bright red/purple face thing too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I have been dying to try this! You look great and I love reading about your weight loss, awesome. Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what youa re doing to loose waight. I really want to loose 20 lbs before next spring. I still have some baby weight to loose and it's giving me anxiety. It's been a year now and I feel like I should have lost it by now. Especially when I see women who gave birth 5 months ago smaller than what they were before they got pregnant. GRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!