Monday, May 18, 2009

Well that went horribly wrong.

So, the scale is up .8 today.

What is up with that????

I have been so good this past week. When we went to the zoo w/ my side of the family I did have an obligatory ice cream cone but I threw the cone and it's contents away (I was full at that point). I was mindful of the snacks I ate and I packed an appropriate lunch. And while I was there I even raced my sister up TWO of the hills. One being the one from the giraffes to the tiger exhibit. Actually it's not really a hill.. it's more of a mini mountain. Yes, I ran up a mini mountain thankyouverymuch. While pushing a stroller. And I never run! Seriously, if a 'bad guy' ever pointed a gun at me and I had the chance to turn and run but it was uphill? Yeah, I'd be like Not worth it. Just shoot me. lol But there I went.. and I even won the first time. The second time my sister took me out with her stroller. At that point I was just glad I didn't pee my pants from laughing so hard.

Oh! Can I tell you how fantastic my sister looks? She's lost 17 pounds (I think?) and started WW the same time I did.. She's a few pounds away from her goal weight and will be switching to lifetime at that point. Want to see what an improvement she's made?

This is just because I have the pic and we're both chunky so it makes us look even better now. Shallow, I know! ;o) This is just after her first baby (she has two). I was newly pregnant with Hayden. (look how cute Aubrey is!)

This was at Kaitlyn's first birthday party- she started WW a few days before (I waited until after the party so I could enjoy it all lol). I thought she looked great then..
.. but look at her now!!! She looks sooooo good!

And here's both of us together. Feel free to scroll back up to that first picture and compare our faces. Nice, right???


Anyway, back to me. I haven't been tracking my points through WW the last little bit but I'm so comfortable with knowing what I can/can't eat that I don't feel that I need to use that.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Obviously I'm wrong. Because just a few days ago I was down 1 1/2 pounds from last week's weigh in. I'm seriously baffled that it's gone up! I even sent my sister a text saying :-O

So here are my goals for the week:
-track my points daily
-drink more water
-start walking in the evenings
-start lifting weights (we have one of those 3 station things in our basement- Drew and I don't remember when we last used it- nice.)
-try Zumba at a gym with my friend Janae (super excited for this- I keep laughing at how goofy I'm going to look- sooooo uncoordinated)

And that's it. :o) Here's to a really fun week!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You and your sister both look great!
    Don't stress too much over the gain. I'm sure it's just one of those fluctuation things.
    If you get on the exercising I'll bet you will really lose quick. In fact, that might be good advice for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so fantastic!

    Here's to big numbers for both of us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to Zumba too! You and your sister look great. I think you are up because you gained some muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. With all the hills you gained some muscle in your thigh.

    And I agree, once you start exercising the weight will come off faster too. Well at least the inches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you both look so great!! i am so excited that i joined today!! yay!! wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!