Monday, July 13, 2009

Accentuate the Positive

I didn't lose or gain this past week. Earlier in the week I was down.. then I went up a little.. and today I'm back where I started.

I know that my problem is not tracking my points (finally updated my card yesterday so I can access it again). I have a hard time eating breakfast which I know is what I should be doing.. but I'm just not hungry and then in the late afternoon I get munchy and I snacked on not as good stuff instead of healthier options. Not BAD stuff.. no bowls of ice cream or anything but I could have made wiser choices.

Although I did have one night at Cheesecake factory.. I was careful with the appetizer and bread (no butter) and resisted the 200 page menu and ordered their Lower Fat chicken dinner (which was fantastic, by the way) and saved half of it for lunch the following day. And I did order cheesecake.. but I took TINY bites and skipped the whip cream.. and took 90-95% home for Drew and the kids to devour. (by the way, it was lemon raspberry and FANTASTIC!!)

So.. trying not to be discouraged that I'm yet again sitting at the same weight.. cause it's my own fault.. so I'm going to accentuate the positive.

Since January 6th, I've lost:
5 inches from Hips
5 inches from Waist
4 inches from my chest (just under my boobs)
3 inches from each thigh
and 2.5 inches from each arm

33 total pounds (and kept it off)

Really, that's not so shabby, right???

And I woke up early to exercise again. Honestly, it helps that my friend Janae is there.. I know she'll go no matter what but it's motivating that someone else I know is there. Not sure why that is. You should see her though- she's a freaking rock star on the eliptical!! I had to get off after 8 minutes because I was about to die. Almost. So I switched to walking on the treadmill but at 4 to 4.5 incline. For weights I focused on my arms for today. And because I'm sure you wanted to know, boy shorts undies (no matter how cute they are) that are a little big are NO GOOD for working out. They were all over the place!

In other motivating news, my sister came over on Friday and I tried on EVERYTHING in my closet. It took hours. Although we did take a few breaks.. it was fun seeing how much didn't fit. (anyone want them??) I was surprised just how big some stuff was too.. I put on a sweatshirt that was a little loose (back when I was bigger) and told my sister I'll probably keep it because who doesn't like a big sweatshirt.. she started laughing and told me to turn around. I did, and I had my arms out, and it was HUGE! I could have flapped myself away... it was pretty funny. Then we were talking about the fact that she could probably fit inside of it too... and so she climbed in there a la Two Headed Monster. Very fun. I even peed my pants from laughing so hard.

Bring on this new week and I WILL report a weight loss this next week. :o)

4 comments:

  1. aww Becky I am with ya this week. I lost 0 zip zilch this week. But I didn't gain either so that is a positive. I too am going to try harder this week. i haven't been doing much in the exercising area so i think i better get going on that again. Good luck and wish me luck too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...where's the Two Headed Monster pic? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, me too! It is so frustrating! But at least I know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, right? Better than doing everything right and just being stuck on a plateau.

    That's awesome about your clothes! How fun! Maybe that will rev up your motivation this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy inches!!! Awesome.

    And good job coming to the gym everyday!

    See you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!