Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Costco.

I need to go to Costco. We're out of Dinosaur nuggets so you understand the urgency.

Because I'm no longer above bribing my children, we stop up front at the food court area prior to leaving to reward those with good behavior (Aubrey: no whining, Hayden: no provoking Carson or doing copy-cat to everything that Aubrey says, which makes her very mad, Carson: no hitting or running off).

Costco supposedly has the nutritional information for their items located behind the counter but it's always so busy that I forget to ask.

Here is a website that people have contributed too when they ask about the nutritional information. People can comment below the chart and they have, when they think there is a discrepancy, so I feel that it's pretty accurate.

Thirsty??


The Fruit Smoothie has 290 (cal)/0 (fat g.)/1 (fiber) = 6 points
But if you can share with someone and not be a pig about it then 3 points for half isn't so bad.

Want a treat?

The Non-fat Yogurt is listed as 390/0/0 = 8
(I'm presuming that's just the yogurt, no fruit/chocolate topping- isn't that an option?)
Which means 1/4 of it is 2 points.. or just a few small spoonfuls is only 1. :-D

A Churro is showing in at 410/18/3 = 9

Only one point more than the non-fat yogurt. I still get surprised at just how much fiber effects a food's nutrition. This is a very valid point on why I am fat. I always thought something fat free would be a WAY better choice than something with 18 grams of fat (but with 3g fiber).

Oh, and If you can sneak 1/4 of a churro without having to wrestle your kids to Costco's floor then it's only 2 points. Who knew.

Need actual FOOD?

The hot dog including the bun and condiments is 550/34/3 = 13
The polish sausage including the bun and condiments is 540/32/3 = 13
Slice o' Cheese Pizza (1/6 of a pizza) is 700/28/3 = 16
Chicken Caesar Salad including the dressing is 670/40/7 = 16
Chicken bake sandwich is 770/25/2 = 17

This last item was particularly painful to find out the nutritional information on- I'm such a sucker for anything that includes Havarti!

The Turkey Wrap is 810/38/7 = 19 Yeah, not so healthy! I can't tell you how many time I ordered that thinking it was so much better than a hot dog.

Hope some of this helps you in your Costco adventures!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that. I can't believe the chicken bake is so many points! Ack. And that smoothie...hmmmm. I guess all the more reasons to skip it and make one in my Vita-Mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The churro is the only thing I'd wanna eat. Wouldn't you know.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!