Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let it begin.

Tuesday I finally went and signed up at the fitness center. (sorry, it used to say Monday but apparently today is Wed. so that means I signed up on Tuesday).

Today I went and worked out.

Apparently I need to work on being smarter than the machines though.. I had to try THREE before I figured out how to get it to turn on. I guess I missed that day at exercise school.

Anyway, I finally settled on a treadmill and it was a kind of ghetto one with no fancy stuff. Which is why I was able to get it to work, I'm sure. But I bumped up the incline and walked at a decent pace.. I was sweating after 10 minutes. I hardly ever sweat! I walked for 24 minutes and burned 130 calories.

Then I walked around trying to figure out the bikes.. finally got one to work AND where I was able to reach the pedals but in case you've never noticed, I have a big butt and this particular seat was NOT comfortable at all. We were definitely fighting.

After 5 minutes, I bagged it and asked a lady near by how to make a different one turn on plus how to move the seat forward.. turns out it was a simple as sitting on the seat while moving the handle thing (I wasn't sitting before). And you just pedal to make it turn on. Seriously, who knew??!?!?

I'm sure I was the amusement for many people.. so for that, I'd publicly like to say: You're Welcome!

I biked for ten minutes and went a little over 2 miles and forgot the calories.. like 30?

My ankles pop a lot when I walk up and down stairs and apparently it applies to biking as well. So it wasn't all that fantastic. Hard to concentrate on texting (my sister was giving me mucho encouragement) when all you hear is pop pop pop. ;o)

Then I took a quick hop onto the scale and I was 8 pounds lighter than from when I went to Zumba 6 weeks ago. AWESOME!

At that point I went to pick up Aubrey and Hayden from the play area (where they had a lot of fun and reported they were nice to each other) and then Kaitlyn and Carson from the daycare. They were playing together when I got there.. that's pure magic in itself!

I'm happy to say that I feel great! I'm looking forward to going with some friends too and learning from them. And I'm really proud of myself for finally starting this part of my life to be healthier. I can tell it's something I'm really going to enjoy.

p.s. please remind me of that last sentence if I wake up sore tomorrow and feel like being lazy..



4 comments:

  1. 1st~LOVE the new profile pic! You are looking so great!

    2nd~ Look for a "Quick Start" or "Manual" button on the bikes and treadmills.
    On the bikes in the front row (against the windows to the pool) I do Manual at level 5 or 6 for 55 minutes and I maintain about 75 RPMs which is pedaling pretty fast.
    I hear ya on the seats. My butt doesn't love them either.

    3rd~ GREAT JOB!!! It took me a while to get to the exercising part of the journey but I am loving it. :) You will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Janae took it! She rocks.

    And mother of pearl, no wonder I wasn't burning much.. I though 60 mph was fast. LMAO

    My ghetto treadmill was on the first row. Maybe there's one by a bike and we can sweat at the same time. I'd say talk but by the end of walking I was breathing pretty hard..

    Is today the last day of school or tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Becky!! I'm so proud of you. I haven't exercised for a week because of this dang cold. I can't wait to get well and get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopped over today to see how you are doing because I saw you had a new profile pic. Looks like you are really sticking to plan and are in the groove. Sounds like you did great at Olive Garden even though they were on the dinner menu and figuring out the fitness center stuff, too! You're doing awesome! STILL!!! Looks like all those changes you have made and are still making are really going to stick!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!